DNA holds meetings at different locations in downtown on the last Wednesday of the month at 6pm amongst people interested in becoming more involved with improving safety in our neighborhood. If you wish to receive emails from the DNA Safety Committee or to begin attending the monthly safety meetings simply click/press here to email us.
Downtown Bike Officers
- On-Duty Supervisor – 314-303-5416
- Bike Office – 314-436-9645
- Lt. Scott Boyher – Commander
- Sgt. Mike Marks – Supervisor
- Sgt. Mickey Regan – Supervisor
- Sgt. Demetrias Elston – Supervisor
- PO Gary Wurm – Downtown Liaison Officer
Many crimes are based on opportunity, and you can prevent crime by removing that opportunity from potential criminals with these simple tips.
- Park in well lit areas
- Never leave vehicle running while unattended
- Lock your car
- Remove your keys
- Keep packages and electronics out of sight
- Secure items in your trunk before arriving
- Move anything of value (including change) out of sight
- To purchase an antitheft “club” or plastic shield for license plates from the City of St. Louis call 314-657-1392.
- Know where you are and where you are going
- Pay attention to your surroundings
- Trust your intuition – if an area feels unsafe, immediately move to one that does
- Make eye contact with people you encounter
- If approached by someone who makes you uncomfortable, simply walk away while saying “No, thank you.”
- Get to know your neighbors – this will make it easier to recognize suspicious activity
- Report all suspicious activity to the police by calling 911
- Call a Downtown Guide if you want an escort at 314-280-4817
Michelle Cheli with Downtown STL, Inc. is our Neighborhood Court Advocate. She is the person who tracks the court cases of people charged with a crime that was committed in our neighborhood. Michelle sends out email alerts updating people on the progress of these cases, and she collects signatures from residents and workers to explain to the judge how the people in our neighborhood are impacted by these crimes. Click/press here to email Joan for more information or to join the court advocacy email list.